Here at Red Mountain Elementary keeping our students safe is a priority! We have procedures in place at our school to help ensure our students safety. The following are some of the things that we have in place:
- Monthly safety drills: Fire, Lockdown, Lockout, Earthquake, etc.
- Adult supervision at recess and Lunch
- Mandatory check in at the office for all visitors
- Crossing guards before and after school
- Trainings for staff on safety procedures
- School nurse assigned to our school
- Medical plans in place for students who have different medical conditions.
- E-mail and texting options to communicate with parents when an emergency does happen.
- Internet safety training for students
- Character education to prevent bullying and violence
Washington County School District has worked very proactively to create safe schools. By working with each community WCSD has a School Resource officer in each of its secondary schools. Resource officers are also assigned to work with each elementary school in the district.
Our School District has also created a flip chart that is available in each classroom as a reference for teachers. The flip chart can be found online here: WCSD Emergency Flip Chart.
In the case of the school needing to reunify parents and students we will follow the District’s Reunification Plan.
We work hard to keep our school safe and appreciate any feedback from parents on concerns or ideas to improve our school safety here at Red Mountain Elementary. For additional information on Washington County School Districts safety procedures pleas follow this link Washington county safety plan
If you ever have a safety concern with regards to Red Mountain Elementary please contact Mrs. Leavitt directly.